Issue No.122 – February 2023 : Shabaan 1444
As we enter the auspicious month of Shabaan a reminder that amongst the greatest and
indispensable acts of Ibaadah is Duaa. We present our needs in the court of Allah Ta’ala with
great hopes of fulfilment via His Infinite Mercy.
Halaal consumption is catalytic to acceptance of Duaa whilst its neglect leads to the outright
During this time malicious rumours on poultry being Haraam surface from detractors annually
which is a great disservice to our sisters in their diligent preparation for the iftaar table.
It is Shaytaan’s strategy to defeat the Believers by circulating malicious rumours and harmful
news. Allah Ta’ala says in the Noble Quraan, “When there comes to them some matter touching
(Public) safety or fear, they divulge it. If they had only referred it to the Messenger, or to those
charged with authority among them, the proper investigators would have Tested it from them
(direct). Were it not for the Grace and Mercy of Allah unto you, all but a few of you would
have fallen into the clutches of Satan. (Chapter 4 Verse 83)
We make duaa to Allah Ta’ala for ;
• Protection from the snares and whisperings of Shaytaan.
• Us to take heed of the Quraanic injunction, “Behold, you received it on your tongues, and
said out of your mouths things of which you had no knowledge; and you thought it to be
a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah.” (Chapter 24 Verse 15)
• The good health and preparation of our Ulama to continue uniting and guiding us on
reaping the full rewards of Ramadaan.
• Your ongoing vigilance on Halaal/Haraam matters and support for SANHA.
• Us to be able to witness the upcoming blessed month of Ramadaan until its completion,